Your safety is our priority. So we do a range of things!
• windows have safety catches
• we have a programme to upgrade fire doors
• there are various detectors in your home e.g. smoke detectors-checked every year
• we enforce keeping close access/escape routes clear in case of fire
• we check annually that nothing flammable is stored in common cellars
If you live in our multi storey block, you will only ever have wet electric heating, never gas. The safety of the block’s external wall insulation has been independently confirmed.
All buildings with external wall insulation are regularly checked to make sure nothing is fixed to the outside as that would puncture the insulation and lead to deterioration from water getting in.
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue offer a free home fire safety visit.
Call 0800 0731 999 or text ‘’check” to 61611