FAQ’s TENANTS (updated January 2021)
Please Click Here to view the current FAQ
Paisley South Property Services
Frequently Asked Questions for Factored Owners –12th November 2020
- You can pay your bill online via bank transfer or make a payment over the phone while our office is closed - please contact Steffani by phone on 0141 840 5017 or email email@example.com and she will either call you back to take the payment or email you the details to pay online
- We cannot currently accept cash payments but if you can only pay by cash please contact Steffani and she can advise you how to do this at a local pay point.
- If you are having trouble paying your invoice due to the current situation please contact Steffani to discuss your options.
- We also have a Welfare Benefits Officer who can provide advice if your circumstances have changed.
- We have now restarted all common repairs and are working to clear any non-emergency work logged.
- During the day phone the Repair Line 0141 583 4100 and we will answer your call.
- For Out of Hours emergencies call 0141 889 7105 and select the trade you need.
- You can also still report a non-emergency common repair through the website or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and Technical staff will call you back within 24hours.
- Our paint contract is underway but just for externals of buildings at the moment and all owners who this affects will be contacted separately.
Will my property still receive the additional services like close cleaning or garden maintenance?
- Our contactor Tenement Steps is carrying out our close cleaning service.
- Our garden maintenance service provided by Nurture
- Our Bulk serviceis provided by Caledonian Maintenance Services Ltd. Should owners require a bulk uplift please request these as normal at 0141 583 4102.
- Should we have any issues re the service we will post this on our website.
Can I phone and speak to staff about a factoring matter?
- We are pleased to advise that our staff are still working but are based at home.
- Steffani McDonald, who deals with factoring enquiries, can be reached by telephone on 0141 840 5017 or by email email@example.com during the working week.
- We will be regularly updating our website. This is our main source of information and we are updating if there are any significant changes.
PSPS is a Registered Property Factor No PF000305
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON GAS SAFETY INSPECTIONS - AUGUST
The Scottish Government confirmed that the mandatory annual gas safety regulations are reserved to the UK Government. This means they cannot suspend them. Gas Sure has therefore been doing gas safety checks since April.
Previously anyone who received the shielding letter to stay indoors for 12 weeks was deferred for the safety check, unless there was an emergency gas situation.
The Scottish Government has now ended shielding from 1st August.
From now on anyone previously shielding will therefore be contacted for an appointment. All the same protective measures will be in place as when Gas Sure are carrying out emergency/other heating repairs, and they will discuss your circumstances with you before making any arrangements.
Please tell Gas Sure if you/your household are self-isolating with symptoms, or have been told to isolate by Track and Trace as contractors may not enter your home.
Work will be carried out when the isolation period is completed.
FAQ TENANTS 22 JUNE 2020
PHA wants to update you on how this contract will be dealt with to ensure your safety during these difficult times.
Question - Who is going to do the work?
Answer. - JS McColl has been appointed to carry out the painter work programme. All of their painters have completed COVID19 awareness training and therefore understand the importance of the 2 metre rule and will not under any circumstances breach social distancing guidelines. They will only attempt to work on areas that are readily accessible.
Question - What is the scope of the works?
Answer – All previously painted external surfaces (e.g. railings, window frames, and the front/rear close doors) are to be painted. No internal areas are to be painted.
Question - What safety measures has the contractor put in place whilst carrying out the works?
Answer - All door handles, handrails, and door entry call buttons used by painters will be sterilised and wiped down with sanitiser. They will ensure that they leave all work areas clean at the end of each shift and will sanitise any areas that they have come into contact with. Painters will wear PPE at all times while carrying out works and while in the vicinity of tenants.
Painters will always segregate the work area with barrier tape and cones. They will also ensure that signage is displayed in a highly visible manner to ensure that all tenants and members of the public are aware of the work being completed and are aware of the social distancing measures to be followed
Question - How will the contractor access the rear garden?
Answer - Access to the back court will be obtained via the closes or the back gate. Access through the close will be very brief (if required) and will be obtained via the service button which will be sanitised before and after use.
Question - What colours are going to be used?
Answer - The external colours will be painted like for like. We will not be doing galvanised metal fencing or UPVC or galvanised surfaces.
Question - Will the work schedule include weekend working?
Answer – No weekend working will be undertaken.
Question - Is anything required by me during the works?
Answer – During the works if any opened windows can be closed and any items in the rear backcourt be sited in a safe location to allow the painters access.
Question - Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Answer – If you would like to discuss the proposed work in more detail then please call JS McColl site supervisor Gordon Murphy on 07468 609 875 or their offices on 0141 946 1062.
For any problems contact PHA on 0141 889 7501 option 1.
Our Technical staff will get back to you within 24 hours.
Thank you for your co-operation during the painter works.